Anti-Harassment & Security Policy
Tech Open Air is dedicated to providing a harassment-free conference experience for people of all backgrounds, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age or religion. We aim to bring people together in order to exchange ideas in an open, welcoming environment.
No one should feel excluded, intimidated or unsafe at our events. To this end, all attendees, speakers, and volunteers at our conference are required to comply with our Anti-Harassment Policy. Organisers will enforce this policy throughout the event and we expect cooperation from all participants to help ensure a safe environment for everybody.
We do not tolerate harassment of event participants in any form. Sexual language and imagery are not appropriate for any conference venue, including talks. Conference participants violating these rules may be sanctioned or expelled from the conference without a refund at the discretion of the conference organizers.
Harassment includes but is not limited to:
- Verbal comments that reinforce social structures of domination related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, etc.
- Sexual images in public spaces
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Unwelcome sexual attention
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
Exhibitors in the haus of tech, sponsor or vendor booths, or similar activities are also subject to the anti-harassment policy. In particular, exhibitors should not use sexualised images, activities, or other material. Booth staff (including volunteers) should not use sexualised clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise create a sexualised environment. We expect participants to follow these rules at all conference venues and conference-related social events. By attending a Tech Open Air event, you agree to maintain and support our commitment to a harassment-free space.
This statement has been adapted from geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy
For safety reasons Tech Open Air might prohibit individuals to enter or bar them from the site, e.g. because of drug or alcohol influence. Tech Open Air will undertake extensive security checks. Please expect longer waiting times before entering the site. Note that access cannot be granted to minors. On the grounds, the following items are prohibited without the prior written permission of Tech Open Air and will be taken during security checks at the entrance:
- Knives, guns other weapons, and weapon-like objects
- Harmful, toxic, corrosive, strongly coloring, highly flammable and radioactive substances
- Gas bottles, gas spray bottles and pressure vessels (excluding pocket lighters), fireworks, pyrotechnic materials and explosives
- Drugs that fall under the Narcotics Act
- Extremist, racist, sexist and xenophobic propaganda material
- Animals (except guide dogs)